Atari JaguarAtari Jaguar Emulators
About the Atari Jaguar
The Atari Jaguar is a console that was released by Atari back 1993. This was the last console to be marketed under the Atari brand until 2004 when they released the Atari Flashback.
The system even through marketed as the first 64 bit console to enter the market it was still a commercial failure and thus forcing Atari out of the console market. The console had only sold about 250 thousand.
The Jaguar faced many problems that contributed to its failure such as extensive delays in development of the software for the console and also the introduction of products into the market by both Sega and Sony in 1995.
The Atari Jaguar had quite a few different accessories that could add functionality to the console. Just to name a few there was the cd add-on, memory track, team tap and many more.
There was a total of 82 games released for the console 67 were for the console itself and the other 15 were for the CD add-on. Just to name a few there was Alien Vs Predator, Breakout 2000, Missile Command 3D, Total Carnage and many more.
Atari Jaguar Emulators
Atari Jaguar Specifications
- Processor: Ricoh 2A03 (NTSC, 8-bit Core) / Ricoh 2A07 (PAL, 8-bit Core)
- Processor Speed: 1.79Mhz(NTSC) / 1.66Mhz (PAL)
- Picture Processing Unit: RP2C02(NTSC)/RP2C02(PAL)
- Picture Processing Unit Speed: 5.37MHz / 5.32MHz
- RAM: 16Kbit (2 KiB)
- Min/Max cart size: 192 Kbit – 4 Mbit
- Sound: PSG Sound, 5 Channels
- Video RAM(VRAM) : 16Kbit (2 KiB)
- Video/Audio Outputs: RCA Cable, RF Modulator Plug, SCART Plug(French NES only)
- Colors Available: 54
- Max colors on screen: 25
- Max Sprites: 64
- Max Sprites per scan line: 8
- Sprite Size: 8×8 or 8×16